Winners of 2015 Generation Next: Rising Stars of Business Announced
By Savannah Morning News
Business in Savannah (BiS) and Savannah magazine, along with Hansen Architects, J.T. Turner Construction, 24e. Design Co. and Rives E. Worrell Co., are recognizing Savannah’s Rising Stars of Business.
For the fifth year in a row, the two publications have partnered to profile the area’s under-40 leaders who have distinguished themselves by their professional achievements and philanthropic service within Savannah and the Coastal Empire.
“We have been especially pleased this year, not only with the number of nominations we received but with their overall quality. It made this year’s decisions especially difficult,” said BiS editor Gale Baldwin.
This year’s honorees include:
- Cassie Beckwith, Hansen Architects.
- Josh Brooks, J.T. Turner Construction.
- Brent Burroughs, Burroughs Heat and Air.
- Jessica Deloach, Bernard Williams, and Co.
- Rachel Fields, HunterMaclean.
- Jeffrey Heinz, Kaufman-Heinz.
- James William Hitch, Pan-Am Dental Inc.
- Ruel Joyner, 24e Design Co.
- Benjamin W. Karpf, Bouhan Falligant LLP.
- Kevin Lawver, Kodestars and Lynxsy.
- Stephen S. Leonard, Hancock Askew & Co. LLP.
- Quentin Marlin, Ellis, Painter, Ratteree and Adams LLP.
- Amanda Montford, Savannah Drywall Supply Inc.
- Marianne Ganem Poppell, Johnnie Ganem Wine and Package Shop.
- Morphia Scarlett, Healthy Savannah.
- Casey M. Schivera, Celia Dunn Sotheby’s International Realty.
- Eric Sharpe, Digital Doc.
- K. Lynn Tootle Jr., Gro-Masters Inc.
- Justin VanderBrink, Rives E. Worrell Co.
Winners of the 2015 “Generation NEXT: Savannah’s Rising Stars of Business” is featured in the January/February issue of Savannah magazine on newsstands now and will be featured on the cover of the Wednesday, Jan. 21 issue of BiS.
The 19 who comprise this year’s Generation NEXT will be recognized at Belford’s Savannah Seafood & Steaks at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 21, at 315 W. St. Julian St.
Tickets are $10. Admission includes light appetizers and two drink tickets. A cash bar will be available. Tickets can be purchased at gennext2015.eventbrite.com.
About the Publication
Business in Savannah (BiS) and Savannah Magazine are both publications of the Savannah Morning News.
The BiS section is included daily in the Savannah Morning News, and the monthly BiS has been published since July 2009. An enhanced, corresponding website with the responsive design was launched recently at businessinsavannah.com.
The bimonthly Savannah magazine (SavannahMagazine.com) has been published for 25 years and is Savannah’s premier city magazine dedicated to covering Savannah’s unique cultural identity, including fashion, food, home, and events.